Learn about putting your retirement funds to work in this highly informative discussion. By some measures, real estate has historically performed better than stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Josh Plave from Wall to Main discusses the ins and outs of retirement investing, including how to eliminate capital gains taxes.
- What is a self-directed IRA?
- Using existing retirement accounts to invest in real estate
- Taxes involved when investing in multifamily with certain self-directed retirement accounts, and avoiding them in others
- Who submits the tax forms?
- Which states’ tax form do you submit? Where you live, where your LLC is, or the property?
- Advantages of checkbook control
- What is UDFI? What is UBIT?
- What is the impact of UBIT on a typical investment? Does it ruin returns?
- How can you avoid UBIT?
- Why is multifamily a good fit for retirement accounts?
- What are the requirements to open a Solo 401k?
I invest my retirement funds through Rocket Dollar and enjoy their service model and ease of use.